The AFRC works to promote quality education and research capacity by enhancing relationships between UBC Faculty of Forestry and our Asia partners. Through enhancement of professional Master’s programs, research, and communication networks, AFRC aims to create a more sustainable platform for forest science advancements and education in Asia.
- Enhance education and research connections with Asia
- Raise research funds for larger-scale research projects
- Promote professional Master’s programs in the Asia-Pacific region
- Strengthen teaching and research on bamboo and plantation forest management
- Create efficient and high quality platforms for capacity building