Examples of past training include:
- Ten-day training course for the Taiwan Forestry Bureau on Sustainable Forest Management and Forest Certification with more than 150 government officers
- Short-term seminars are also available and field trips (2-5 days) for more than 20 groups each year from China and Southeast Asia.
- Climate change and forest adaptation and forest carbon training for experts from Asia Pacific Countries in Kunming, China, where approximately 380 people representing 12 countries attended the training programs.
- A three-week training session for the Guangdong Department of Forestry on forest fire protection (21 attendees).
- A three-week training session for the Guizhou Department of Forestry on forest conservation and natural resources management (20 attendees).
- A 17 days training session for the Fujian Department of Forestry on forest carbon management (20 participants)
- A one week MOOCs course training in partnership with UBC CTLT (15 attendees from 6 countries).